Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Introducing the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!

My friend, Bethany, and I have started a challenge blog that will debut on January 5th! We both LOVE monthly kit clubs.  But I have so many supplies on-hand in my scrap space, that I cannot justify purchasing any more.  As I was browsing through the Internet, admiring the beautiful kits that are out there, I realized that they are very inspiring to me! So I tried to mimic a recent kit and create my own "counterfeit kit".  To my surprise, it was so much fun and it looked great!!!

I'm not talking about always putting together matching paper, stickers, and rub-ons from the same exact line of paper---that's too easy!  It's more like pulling different papers, embellishments, "found items", and hand made baubles from completely brands and lines of supplies from your stash.  In order to make this process easier, we will use a current monthly kit club as inspiration!  By having completed kits on hand, it will allow us to scrap whenever we get a few minutes...and it will take some of the guesswork out of cooordinating the supplies.

On the 5th of each month we will post an "inspiration" kit.  We will also put up pictures of the "counterfeit kits" that we came up with based the inspiration. Throughout the month we will share tutorials on making some of the embellishments, mini challenges to help you use your kit, and even a blog hop so we can all share what we have done!

Here are some links that you will want to know for our challenges:
My blog (I will post throughout the month about the challenges)
Bethany's Blog:  http://inspiredscrapper-bethany.blogspot.com/Our Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
And Facebook! Yep! You can like us on Facebook. Just search "Counterfeit Kit Challenge"!

Let me know what you think by commenting here or on Facebook! And feel free to offer suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Meridy, I am so excited about this new challenge! I LOVE the contents of the monthly kit clubs, but I have so much already I just can't justify joining a kit club. I am really looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete