Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wordle.net for Your Scrapbook Layouts

I once found out about a really cool web site that I thought I could utilize on some of my scrapbook layouts... I am sad to say, I have yet to actually utilize it on a page, actually I had forgotten all about the site until I was scrolling through my "favorites" menu the other day and saw http://www.wordle.net/ .  Wordle.net generates "word clouds" using your choice of words.  What a great idea for an embellishment on a scrapbook page or a card!   You can type any words you want, change the font, colors, and basic "word cloud" format...then keep clicking and re-generating the cloud until a combination you like appears.  You are then able to print your word cloud out and save it to the Wordle Gallery.  You can also browse through the gallery to see what others have created. 

Here is one quick example I created that I will hopefully use on a Disneyland layout about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...


Here is another one for a 4th of July layout...




Here is one more for a layout about my son, Hunter...




Wordle.net has an extensive FAQ page which can answer just about every question about creating these "word clouds", so if you can't figure something out, try looking at the FAQ list, I'll bet you can find your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment